Protocolo Inmobiliario is made up of the different agencies and real estate agents of Costa Rica. Together, we have established a professional network whose efforts seek to unify the efforts of all real estate professionals while excluding the unprofessional entities and fraud that compromise the integrity of the our profession in the eyes of the public.
What are the Membership Benefits?
- Access to a shared property platform among our professional network
- Automatic translation of your properties into other languages
- Automatic notifications of new properties from other agents in the network
- Exclusive property contracts honored by other network agents
- Network-wide, established professional ethics protection
- Unique username and password account protection
- Invitations to professional development meetings
- Access to a database of draft contracts, and guides that help you as a real estate agent (coming soon)
- Access to current marketplace news about changes in the law and trends in Costa Rica (coming soon)
- Shared knowledge and training portal (coming soon)
The ethics committee is made up of active members who review new applications, verify the identity of agents and companies to ensure the integrity and reputation of the network and thus ensure that customers receive the best service from our registered agents.
Protocolo Inmobiliario promotes active members, committed to professional and business growth.
Please click on the requirements link and read the list of pre-requisites before registering. Registration applications will be reviewed the the ethics committee. Acceptance responses can take 15 to a maximum of 30 days.
Fill out your application below to become an active member our network of real estate agents. Together we can standardize, legalize, and revolutionize the real estate agent profession in Costa Rica.
**Requesting a criminal Background Check (Hoja de Delincuencia) is free:
Ways to obtain it:
- Request a Digital Copy: First visit a Judicial Registry and request access to your criminal history AND an online username and password to the page so that it arrives digitally to your email address. Warning: not all offices will be able to supply you with online access to a digital copy so you may wish to call ahead to confirm.
- Physical Copy: Request your criminal history at any local Judicial Registry. Then scan each page, compress the images to a single .zip file, and upload using the registration form above.
Visit the Judicial Registry page for more information: